Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 6 large zucchinis or 4 pounds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 sweet peppers (1 green, red, yellow) or 1 pound
- 1 onion or 12 ounces, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional toppings for serving: non-fat Greek yogurt, avocado slices, fat-free shredded Mexican cheese, cilantro, salsa
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise then scoop out some of the center to make room for the filling. Place scooped out zucchini in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub avocado oil over the zucchini boats and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Chop peppers and onion and place into bowl with scooped out zucchini.
- Add in the chopped uncooked chicken.
- Drizzle oil into bowl of chicken and veggies and toss together.
- Whisk together the seasonings and toss into bowl.
- Spread veggies and chicken onto another baking sheet.
- Bake chicken and veggies for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Scoop chicken fajita filling into zucchini boats and add top with shredded cheese if desired. You can return them to the oven for 5 minutes to the melt cheese if you like.
- Squirt the lime juice over the filling and add optional toppings if desired.
Serving size: 1
Saturated fat: 1.3g